What? There's only one discussion going on in the Pub?

That's definitely not enough. Barman! Another drink for me and the boys!

In the meantime I'll choose a song from the Jukebox:

www.youtube.video

Views: 8045

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Many top English-speaking economists are either alarmed or aghast over Europe’s handling of the crisis in Greece. Several Nobel Prize winners say it has been exacerbated, time and again, by an unnecessarily rigid approach by Germany, Europe’s economic powerhouse and decision-maker. Greece simply cannot repay its debts, economists argue, no matter how much the country slashes public services or raises taxes. So by insisting it keep on trying, the thinking goes, Germany seems to be intent on punishing Greece. The Germans see it differently, saying what they are doing may be painful, but necessary, to get the country on a sustainable footing for the long term. To understand the massive gap in opinion, it might help to watch a Monty Python sketch from 1974 about a soccer match between Germany and Greece.

In the match, the two countries are represented by their foremost philosophers. For much of the game, the two sides do nothing but talk. Then, in the final minute, there is movement. Socrates scores past German goalie Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz, who lived from 1646 to 1716, to win. The German philosophers G.W.F. Hegel, Immanuel Kant and Karl Marx then dispute the goal with the referee, Confucius. “Hegel is arguing that the reality is merely an a priori adjunct of non-naturalistic ethics. Kant via the categorical imperative is holding that ontologically it exists only in the imagination,” the announcer says. “Marx is claiming it was offside.”...

Read More at Washington Post

Interesting!  I just shared this video on the FB IPS group yesterday...

Awesome dance group on AGT tonight that made the cut to Radio City Music Hall.

Epic Rap Battles of History: Eastern vs Western Philosophers

The war on whistleblowers, when we should be valuing them for their significant role in accountability and transparancy in government and business. I know of this personally, as I blew the whistle on the professional liability insurance industry. What I revealed were legitimate ethical and legal violations. And yet I was thereafter shunned by honest brokers in the industry that did not participate in such behavior because of some sick code that you just don't turn on your industry no matter what they do. We see the same dynamic with police abuse, where even the good cops refuse to expose and/or denounce bad cops. Loyalty is a good thing, but not in these situations.

Butterscotch with Dahlek Brathwaite at #ITC2015

From the DEEPER THAN DAY event at the Integral Theory Conference 2015. This was the impromptu encore.

Butterscotch also performed "Summertime" at ITC. An amazing ability to sing, beatbox, play guitar, and "trumpet" all at the same time, all perfectly in sync and in style. Here is the same song, but recorded in Germany a couple of years ago.

Too too cool, David. Thanks.
Sorry I went to bed, rest my head, act I'm dead, not what he said - rappin. And I see you standin in the audience now - instead! DM.

DavidM58 said:

Butterscotch with Dahlek Brathwaite at #ITC2015

From the DEEPER THAN DAY event at the Integral Theory Conference 2015. This was the impromptu encore.

Summertime - super groovy special.

As an aside, my first deep lusty longy love-ride, sang Summertime And Da Livin Be Easy, as she play da pianie, made hair, in factuality, stand up on da back a my handie. And my arm, and my neck. Our love first be heaven, den be a wreck.

Siro-A delivered a spectacular performance in the quarter-finals on AGT.

Scientists achieve levitation using ultrasound. See this article and view the video below. Not to be confused with phony meditation levitation.

Very cool, t.

A connected you tube vid showed levitation of a superconductor, when super-cooled, on a magnetic Möbius strip. Trippy.

theurj said:

Scientists achieve levitation using ultrasound. See this article and view the video below. Not to be confused with phony meditation levitation.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

What paths lie ahead for religion and spirituality in the 21st Century? How might the insights of modernity and post-modernity impact and inform humanity's ancient wisdom traditions? How are we to enact, together, new spiritual visions – independently, or within our respective traditions – that can respond adequately to the challenges of our times?

This group is for anyone interested in exploring these questions and tracing out the horizons of an integral post-metaphysical spirituality.

Notice to Visitors

At the moment, this site is at full membership capacity and we are not admitting new members.  We are still getting new membership applications, however, so I am considering upgrading to the next level, which will allow for more members to join.  In the meantime, all discussions are open for viewing and we hope you will read and enjoy the content here.

© 2024   Created by Balder.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service