What? There's only one discussion going on in the Pub?

That's definitely not enough. Barman! Another drink for me and the boys!

In the meantime I'll choose a song from the Jukebox:

www.youtube.video

Views: 8044

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HA!

I will be able to use this wisdom to inform some of the contrailertrash at the farmer's market today.

Each of these conspiracies will be alive and well at the Sunday market - let's see what the Easter story will add to the wisdom stories that perfuse this advanced town's atmosphere. I hope there isn't a contrail procedure-resurrection crash above us innocent folk. That would not be entirely Jesus' fault - he was born in a time before wide-spread aviation travel and population control strategies.

Ah, I begin to feel The Force rising in benignly protective ways. No worries for the nonce.

Balder said:

The Truth About Conspiracy Theories

And then there's the conspiracy about truth theories...

Happy Easter.

Who is Fancy performed last night on the Tonight Show, and apparently it was their first public appearance. I had not heard the song before but was immediately enamored.

Willow & Mark had dance of the night on DWTS, receiving a well-deserved score of 39 out of 40. Mark's beautiful, creative and moving choreography was performed to near perfection by this 14-year-old.

Time to get your Friday night groove on. Back to the '70s for some old school funk from Edwin Starr, brought up to date with this King Britt Remix. Enlightened lyrics, answering the philosophical question: "War, what is it good for?"  

Who is your God?

God, t - ha!

Zen for Millenials:

I don't know if there are any other jazz afficianados lurking, but this is a beautifully filmed and superbly played gem, featuring the iconic saxophonists John Coltrane and Stan Getz, supported by the stellar Miles Davis rhythm section of Wynton Kelly, Paul Chambers, and Jimmy Cobb. The title is wrong - it's not Autumn in New York. It is a Wynton Kelly improv/intro, followed by John Coltrane playing "What's New," followed by Stan Getz playing "Moonlight in Vermont."

"What's new?
How is the world treating you?
You haven't changed a bit
Lovely as ever, I must admit

What's new?
How did that romance come through?
We haven't met since then
Gee, but it's nice to see you again

What's new?
Probably I'm boring you
But seeing you is grand
And you were sweet to offer your hand

I understand. Adieu!
Pardon my asking what's new
Of course you couldn't know
I haven't changed, I still love you so"

Liberal erotica. This clip from Real Time is hilarious.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

What paths lie ahead for religion and spirituality in the 21st Century? How might the insights of modernity and post-modernity impact and inform humanity's ancient wisdom traditions? How are we to enact, together, new spiritual visions – independently, or within our respective traditions – that can respond adequately to the challenges of our times?

This group is for anyone interested in exploring these questions and tracing out the horizons of an integral post-metaphysical spirituality.

Notice to Visitors

At the moment, this site is at full membership capacity and we are not admitting new members.  We are still getting new membership applications, however, so I am considering upgrading to the next level, which will allow for more members to join.  In the meantime, all discussions are open for viewing and we hope you will read and enjoy the content here.

© 2024   Created by Balder.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service