This thread is for listing books or essays you intend to read or would like to recommend to other members of the forum.  Separate threads can be started to discuss any particular book or essay in detail; this thread is just a resource page.

Views: 642

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here are two recently published titles I will be purchasing soon:

I of the Other, by Kenneth Bradford (a former instructor of mine at JFKU)

Beyond Religion, by William Irwin Thompson

The Neural Basis of Free Will by Peter Tse.

Self Comes to Mind by Antonio Damasio.

Waking, Dreaming, Being by Evan Thompson.

Two new books, spontaneously purchased today.

Philosophical Temperaments, by Peter Sloterdijk.

Philosophy & Neuroscience, by Bennett, Hacker, Dennett, and Searle

Incomplete Nature by Terrence Deacon

Shamansun (Jeremy Johnson) recommended the following text on FB today, which looks quite interesting (I've added it to my list):

Evolving Dharma, by Jay Michaelson

An Inquiry into Modes of Existence, Bruno Latour (reading now)

Rejoicing: Or the Torments of Religious Speech, also by Latour -- and apparently a continuation of AIME, but as it relates to religious/spiritual rhetoric.

My Christmas gift (to myself), which I've added to my bedside stack:

The Bodhisattva's Brain: Buddhism Naturalized, by Owen Flanagan

The blurb reminds me of Batchelor's article "A secular Buddhism" in this post and following commentary.

I saw an ad today for an interesting-looking science fiction book (now on my to-read list):

The Abolition of Species, by Dietmar Dath

I love good sci-fi and this looks to be a good one. I'm especially interested in a new "ceramic form of postbiological life."

Which reminds me of this Star Trek episode featuring a silicon-based life form.

A new book on Deleuze's impact on theology: Iconoclastic Theology: Gilles Deleuze and the Secretion of Atheism.

The linked page contains a link to the first chapter from the book.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

What paths lie ahead for religion and spirituality in the 21st Century? How might the insights of modernity and post-modernity impact and inform humanity's ancient wisdom traditions? How are we to enact, together, new spiritual visions – independently, or within our respective traditions – that can respond adequately to the challenges of our times?

This group is for anyone interested in exploring these questions and tracing out the horizons of an integral post-metaphysical spirituality.

Notice to Visitors

At the moment, this site is at full membership capacity and we are not admitting new members.  We are still getting new membership applications, however, so I am considering upgrading to the next level, which will allow for more members to join.  In the meantime, all discussions are open for viewing and we hope you will read and enjoy the content here.

© 2024   Created by Balder.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service