Has anyone heard of Mahendra Travedi before, or read this essay by Wilber? 

Here's a link to Trivedi's website, from which this is an excerpt:

Mahendra Kumar Trivedi was born with an exceptional ability to change living and non-living matter with Energy Transmissions or "blessings" (focused intentional consciousness, called The Trivedi Effect™). Through collaborations with researchers in six countries from numerous scientific fields, Trivedi has amassed a broad set of data substantiating this ability in a scientifically demonstrable and measurable manner. The results of these collaborations are beyond anything predicted by the science and technology of today:

• Agriculture - grow crops with no use of chemical fertilizers or pesticides while providing
    • Increased nutritional value (300% increase in bio-photons)
    • Increased yields (up to 500%)
    • Increased immunity (up to 300%)

• Genetics
    • Change the DNA in plants (up to 69%) and in microbes (up to 79%)
    • Change the genus and species in harmful bacteria

• Microbiology
    • Reduce viral loads for HIV, Hepatitis B and C and Cytomegalovirus (up to 99.81%)
    • Reduce antibiotic sensitivity of harmful bacteria (significantly)
    • Convert cancer cells into non-cancerous cells

• Material science
    • Alter mass and size of atom, energy within and between the atoms
    • Alter specific heat, boiling and melting points
    • Interchange mass and energy (more than 400%)

It is the goal of Trivedi Foundation to create additional rigorous scientific collaborations to further corroborate, reproduce and follow up on the many remarkable results of the Trivedi Effect™ on seeds, plants, soils, bacteria, fungi, viruses, metals, ceramics and polymers. Through continued collaboration with the international scientific community, we will broaden our base of understanding of the previously demonstrated effects and create groundbreaking new paradigms of the nature of human consciousness and its relationship to the material universe.

Trivedi Foundation also seeks to further the research previously done on Trivedi's distinct physiology and it's relationship to his unique abilities.

Views: 8364

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

These are Ken's actual words that I'm eluding to... maybe "highly recommends" is a slight exaggeration on my part. :/

"Most people receiving a blessing from Guruji can feel a direct and powerful jolt—if you get a chance, try it and see for yourself."
I don't give a bleep about the latest Integral hype (or non-hype which is just the same) about the latest miracle healer. Ken WIlber is known to try every alternative medical and so called "alternative" treatment available. And I wish him best of luck with it.

Concerning the whole "it's the future/ it's all hokum" debate, I'd like to cite Meister Egg-Hard-On:

>>"Explain this happening!"
"It must have a `natural' cause."
"It must have a `supernatural' cause."
Let these two asses be set to grind corn.

Speaking of Corn, here's the latest Crop Circle:

Whatever.

I still think there's more important things to worry about.

"I still think there's more important things to worry about."

Because internet trolling is such a more productive thing to do, right?

By the way please don't answer that.

(***warning***this is a troll test)
happy 70th ringo! peace and love bro:))))))))

before the flying saucers land i would just like to add that i can be happy for ken if he found some pain relief through mr. trivedi:) but i don't really see that as the issue here. look, there are all kinds of anecdotal evidence for all kinds of healing from pretty well every tradition that's ever been; hell, i was once cleansed spontaneously 25 years ago within a christian context. and although i applaud the eastern traditions willingness to open up their belief systems to scientific investigations i would hope in the future it's done with a little more finesse and professionalism than the process that this one seems to have gone through......i just can't take this seriously as far as the scientific claims being validated, sorry ken..........
Andy Smith looks at the "science" of one of Trevedi's studies here. He concludes:

"In my view, this is a new low for Wilber, even worse than his endorsement of Da and later Andrew Cohen, or even the Wyatt Earp episode."
I enjoy this link, Theurj. It's definitely one of the more scientifically substantive positions I have seen in regards to critiquing Mr. Trivedi. I am however a little taken back at the end of his post with the badmouth inclusion of, Eckhart Tolle, a simple states teacher that makes no claims of being enlightened, but I guess everyone has their prejudices.

theurj said:
Andy Smith looks at the "science" of one of Trevedi's studies here. He concludes:
"In my view, this is a new low for Wilber, even worse than his endorsement of Da and later Andrew Cohen, or even the Wyatt Earp episode."
I'm going to have to stop making posts if I have to keep coming back and correcting myself. I guess Eckhart Tolle does claim spiritual enlightenment. I think I may have been mixing him up with Byron Katie on this issue. Nonetheless I'm sure Eckhart Tolle fits the bill in the terms presented by the poster above to in fact be enlightened.
a little more on this one: assuming for a moment that there is a field of knowledge called spiritual science and possible laws of the universe that we don't know about yet ( this seems a humble position to take) i offer up some ideas for that study which are similar to my ideas about a possible world council of 'elders' in future years if we make it that far. this is prefaced on the idea that humanity as a civilization actually cares about global survival and larger questions of what the nature of reality is. so, because we live in a global capitalist system that is very prone to corruption and hidden agendas humanity would have to come up with a few protocols to insure neutrality, impartiality, and objectivity. so, first a scientific 'council' would have to have a few screening processes: richard dawkins and francis collins would not be allowed in. one top scientist from every country would be invited to a 7 year stint at no pay beyond modest living expenses and their ideological perspectives would have to be screened for open mindedness to possibilities; verification or falsification, let the data show what it may.......anyway, it's probably a dumb idea but it wouldn't be the first one i've had!lol
As a past long-time student-teacher of martial taijiquan I've been conditioned to be open to the further reaches of human capacity. I also know the distinction between poetic hyperbole (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon comes to mind) and downright magical and mythical exaggeration-inflation endemic to such "energetic" study. I've studied with true lineage masters and know that so-called "chi" is a physiological process, not something supernatural. And it doesn't induce several hundred-year lifespans or allow one to levitate or change the physical structure of matter. So while I'm open to, and have experienced, some rather amazing feats of human capacity I'm also wary of bizarre and unsubstantiated claims, especially when they have the stench of the messianic about them.
Yeah, but you would also think the same would be true for Ken Wilber, but this definitely makes you
wonder. You would expect more to come of this. It's not like it can just sit on its present merits. I just watched the video of him that followed his blog post on Mr. Trivedi and he seemed so serious about making a substantive impact on society in terms of religion and consciousness, but this can't possibly do justice to that trajectory.

???

theurj said:
As a past long-time student-teacher of martial taijiquan I've been conditioned to be open to the further reaches of human capacity. I also know the distinction between poetic hyperbole (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon comes to mind) and downright magical and mythical exaggeration-inflation endemic to such "energetic" study. I've studied with true lineage masters and know that so-called "chi" is a physiological process, not something supernatural. And it doesn't induce several hundred-year lifespans or allow one to levitate or change the physical structure of matter. So while I'm open to, and have experienced, some rather amazing feats of human capacity I'm also wary of bizarre and unsubstantiated claims, especially when they have the stench of the messianic about them.
We can’t begin to imagine a scenario explaining this. Inducing a mutation in a bacteria seems impossible enough—no machine in the laboratory can do it, that’s why these mutations are called random or spontaneous—but at least we could conceive, in a sci-fi way, of beaming energy precisely on the right nucleotide to create the right mutation in the right gene. But why would this mutation then spread if there were no antibiotic in the medium? What would select it? Some energy field

Although the point about waiting the ten days and the MIC doubling amount seems reasonable, I think the rest of this person's point on Trivedi reflects that he can't see in terms of a field effect. I'm willing to wait until there are might be other studies done or a more thorough investigation.

theurj said:

I don't know if I want to encourage your and Kela's antics toward one another, but I have to admit that was quite funny. "Please baby whisper the non-duality thing in my ear". BAhahaha :D

Reply to Discussion

RSS

What paths lie ahead for religion and spirituality in the 21st Century? How might the insights of modernity and post-modernity impact and inform humanity's ancient wisdom traditions? How are we to enact, together, new spiritual visions – independently, or within our respective traditions – that can respond adequately to the challenges of our times?

This group is for anyone interested in exploring these questions and tracing out the horizons of an integral post-metaphysical spirituality.

Notice to Visitors

At the moment, this site is at full membership capacity and we are not admitting new members.  We are still getting new membership applications, however, so I am considering upgrading to the next level, which will allow for more members to join.  In the meantime, all discussions are open for viewing and we hope you will read and enjoy the content here.

© 2024   Created by Balder.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service