After much extended consideration I changed the name of my blog from Integral Postmetaphysical Enaction to the above. (Former blog postings in this thread.) It will still be at the same link. I've decided to change the name largely due to no longer having much interest in integral theory. Still some, but not enough to justify it in the name. I'm still interested in postmetaphysics, but who the hell has heard of that outside a select few eggheads? I am much more interested in motivating myself and others into participating with progressive ideals and enacting those policies in all domains. Keeping the old blog name was more than a bit off putting for that broader agenda. I'll keep the old name as a subtitle for now for those familiar with and searching for it. But my intent is to get more people involved in the hope of actually changing things for the better instead of engaging in interesting but mostly armchair speculations.

I retained the word enaction for a few reasons. It relates to specific philosophical models of embodied cognition (and/or realism) in which I'm still interested and will continue to write about. It is a progressive evolution over previous models highlighting our participation with co-creating our realities. Note the prefix co, indicating that though we participate the Real grounds and delimits that participation. But that's still egghead. Mostly because the word means creating law, which to me is the most effective way for us to implement our values in society. Hence a lot of my focus is on motivating us to participate in changing or creating laws aligned with progressive ideals.

The blog will still be the same except that the name will more accurately reflect what I've been doing here for the past several months. I hope the current audience will continue to read. And I hope the new name will attract new readers who are motivated to join me in participating in progressive ideals and enacting laws and structures to express that agenda.

Views: 1552

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Salt Lake City is giving homes to the homeless and debunking regressive ideology in the process.

The Pope promotes the wife-beater's defense. He's very wrong on this one.

I agree that the pope has interpreted this one dangerously and naively. However, it's simply not that simple. Hedges wrote his take on it and there is no way he is wrong on this issue ( at least not completely). I'm about as irreverently minded as one comes ( my Zappa conditioning) but the form of systemic ethnocentric bigotry and intolerance promoted by Hebdo is violently immature and has serious right quad implications. The violence of French exceptionalism and imperialism is constantly censored by the media enabling this type of disfunction to prosper so it is not a free speech issue in my opinion. Terrorism has to have cause and if we deny there are causes we are practicing wilful blindness. There are a billion muslims on this planet and what is toxic about their religion cannot be solved by western imperialism .

Furthermore, we all know what is going on with our involvement with muslim lands : it's the neoliberal shock policies at work so they can have their way with that culture. In other words, the global fascists are working overtime, their prefered way of living has to be implemented globally by force. And it's here that I run into problems with Integral's handshaking with this violent orange meme. In saying this, I in no way endorse the backwardness and patriarchy of muslim culture itself which obviously needs to develop beyond such lunacy (patriarchal religion).

Here is a good paper on muslims and Islam : 

http://www.upenn.edu/pennpress/book/toc/15372.html

Here is a brief analysis of Islam from a universal perspective: does one need to surrender to god? Well, it is inevitable isn't it Mr. Smith? But I can tell you what that surrender does not entail: surrender to an ethnic superiority; surrender to any male authority; surrender to any book; surrender to unjust economic systems, etc. 

It's also abhorrent from this perspective that the ummah blocks off mecca and such places from all other cultures while it seeks freedom to practice their ethnocentric version of perversity in our lands. Blah, I spit you out of my mouth, eh! Right indeed! 

Please , take your mind out into space and look at the earth and tell me what you see? Only then, can you start to get a clearer perspective on what is true in religion (an impulse that is fundamental to the human condition).

Following up on the last post, who decides what Wilber means?

E really does equal MC2. See this article. Researchers are predicting that they'll be able to create matter directly from light in the next 12 months via quantum electrodynamics.

The above reminded me of this post and the one following. This wiki makes clear that light was not 'free' of matter but intrinsic with it until photon decoupling. So light is not matter's 'source.'

Robert Reich on the Democratic Presidential nominee. I.e., Warren is the woman for the job.

To once again connect it to IPS, which one will enact a political system that is more conducive to promoting the Prime Directive, the greatest good for the most people? Is this not a spiritual quest? And one that has a drastically greater effect on far more people than how many integral angels can fit through the eye of an AQAL needle?

Again, this is not to denigrate the important theoretical and practical integral work we do here. I'm merely stating what I see as a fact of scale and reach in the comparison.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

What paths lie ahead for religion and spirituality in the 21st Century? How might the insights of modernity and post-modernity impact and inform humanity's ancient wisdom traditions? How are we to enact, together, new spiritual visions – independently, or within our respective traditions – that can respond adequately to the challenges of our times?

This group is for anyone interested in exploring these questions and tracing out the horizons of an integral post-metaphysical spirituality.

Notice to Visitors

At the moment, this site is at full membership capacity and we are not admitting new members.  We are still getting new membership applications, however, so I am considering upgrading to the next level, which will allow for more members to join.  In the meantime, all discussions are open for viewing and we hope you will read and enjoy the content here.

© 2024   Created by Balder.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service