Meta-Integral has just sent out the call for papers for the upcoming 2015 Integral Theory Conference.  The theme for the conference is Integral Impacts: Using Integrative Metatheories to Catalyze Effective Change.

See here for details.

Views: 2929

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, David.  I found the image on a site for public domain artwork.  I inverted the image but haven't otherwise changed it, just adding the text.

Thanks for the info. So I haven't gone totally mental.

Balder said:

Hi, Ambo, I'm glad you like the image -- and that it spoke to you in the way that it did!  Very much what I was hoping it would invoke.

About the conference, no, you do not need to select any of the seminars, except for your own records.  Pretty much you just show up at whatever one you want to attend (and you can switch in the middle if it's a real yawner. :-)  )

But I am not sure how to integrate the objective MRI results posted above - [hmm, metalhead scratch.]

Ambo Suno said:

Thanks for the info. So I haven't gone totally mental.

Balder said:

Hi, Ambo, I'm glad you like the image -- and that it spoke to you in the way that it did!  Very much what I was hoping it would invoke.

About the conference, no, you do not need to select any of the seminars, except for your own records.  Pretty much you just show up at whatever one you want to attend (and you can switch in the middle if it's a real yawner. :-)  )

Although there is no pre-registration for the individual seminars, I think it's a good idea to do some mental pre-selecting ahead of time. So many to choose from, I suspect it will be easy to get lost in the flow.

I spent quite a bit of time yesterday, opening each paper and reading the abstracts, and marking the ones I'm most interested in. Then I looked at the schedule to try to make some preliminary decisions (hierarchical rankings!) There are some time slots where it's pretty tough to make a decision!

Ambo Suno said:

Here's a simple practical question about the conference. In the conference proper, not pre-conference, should a registrant have already selected specific seminars they will attend? I haven't seen where to do that and/or haven't bothered. (It seems like in the past one did pre-select, though I may be confusing that with other than integral conferences.)

Good idea - can you post a link to the schedule? Thx.

DavidM58 said:

Although there is no pre-registration for the individual seminars, I think it's a good idea to do some mental pre-selecting ahead of time. So many to choose from, I suspect it will be easy to get lost in the flow.

I spent quite a bit of time yesterday, opening each paper and reading the abstracts, and marking the ones I'm most interested in. Then I looked at the schedule to try to make some preliminary decisions (hierarchical rankings!) There are some time slots where it's pretty tough to make a decision!

Ambo Suno said:

Here's a simple practical question about the conference. In the conference proper, not pre-conference, should a registrant have already selected specific seminars they will attend? I haven't seen where to do that and/or haven't bothered. (It seems like in the past one did pre-select, though I may be confusing that with other than integral conferences.)

Ambo,

See attachment. I noticed that there are some names on this schedule that I didn't get papers for, and some papers from names not on the schedule. So be aware this schedule will have some changes.

Ambo Suno said:

Good idea - can you post a link to the schedule? Thx.

Attachments:

The papers for the conference are now available on a dropbox file (and I expect they will be made available on the ITC website soon).  I've been reviewing them and it looks like there are a number of good ones.  One (by Kulasuriya, Chandana) immediately caught my attention since it looks like it might also be dealing with a 'prepositional' domain -- what Kulasuriya calls 'emergive' reality, at the 'between' of the quadrants.  I haven't read it yet but will comment on it later, once I do.  Maybe this year, again, we can attempt a ITC Paper Review -- but approaching it less rigidly or formally, so we don't feel constrained to read papers that don't interest us.

Yes, I noticed that one too. It must be a late addition, because I'm not seeing Chandana Kuasuriya on the presentation schedule.

It looks like he's presenting at 10:15 am on Friday.

You're right.  I looked at least twice, and apparently missed it both times. 

The cover image for my presentation...photo of Bellingham Bay (Bellingham, WA) by my wife Angela.

Balder said:

Working on a "cover image" for my presentation

I had thought about using this beautiful painting by Bruegel (The Fall of Icarus), that I use on my blog.  But there's a lot going on here - a lot to study in this painting, too complex. Also note that I left out a word in my title.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

What paths lie ahead for religion and spirituality in the 21st Century? How might the insights of modernity and post-modernity impact and inform humanity's ancient wisdom traditions? How are we to enact, together, new spiritual visions – independently, or within our respective traditions – that can respond adequately to the challenges of our times?

This group is for anyone interested in exploring these questions and tracing out the horizons of an integral post-metaphysical spirituality.

Notice to Visitors

At the moment, this site is at full membership capacity and we are not admitting new members.  We are still getting new membership applications, however, so I am considering upgrading to the next level, which will allow for more members to join.  In the meantime, all discussions are open for viewing and we hope you will read and enjoy the content here.

© 2024   Created by Balder.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service