What? There's only one discussion going on in the Pub?

That's definitely not enough. Barman! Another drink for me and the boys!

In the meantime I'll choose a song from the Jukebox:

www.youtube.video

Views: 8043

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I heard this one for the first time recently on the local alternative station, Jump Right In by the urge. Granted I'm biased toward their name but I really liked the song before I knew it. The song has a reggae beat but interesting melody with chromatic shifts and added horns. They remind me a lot of Cake. This version doesn't have an ad in the beginning, but also no graphics.

Hey, don't be dissin' that reggae beat, yo.  ;-)

Nice sound -- and I hear the "Cake" in there, too.

This is what I'm groovin' to tonight:

"Love in a trashcan" by the Raveonettes. And here's another one by them with a different sound, "Lust."

Nice retro Sixties sound.  Cool.

Here's a new instrumental (post)rock group I've been listening to recently:

And here's an interesting little Canadian indie group, The Luyas:

I like the riffs in Obvious Cipher. It reminds me a bit of the instrumentals in Yes. Do you know their influences? There's a kind of dramatic, operatic quality to Fifty Fifty. I like in the video where they blow bubbles to make the drink overflow into a lower cup, and then drink from that. And the blood streaming down the arm in the beginning becomes milk in the end. I don't know what it means but it strikes a chord. Which is of course one reason I like art, since its meaning is ineffable yet touchingly recognizable.

I looked around for information on Falcon Arrow's influences, but couldn't find any listed.  But I agree there is an echo of Yes-like prog in some of their riffs...

Here is something mellow and contemplative (a full album):

For some (non)reason Black Hole Sun is running through my head today.

Pontoon - Little Big Town

Not surprisingly, Pontoon just won best single of the year at the County Music Awards.

Put the gun down by ZZ Ward. This one is hot now on the west coast swing dance circuit.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

What paths lie ahead for religion and spirituality in the 21st Century? How might the insights of modernity and post-modernity impact and inform humanity's ancient wisdom traditions? How are we to enact, together, new spiritual visions – independently, or within our respective traditions – that can respond adequately to the challenges of our times?

This group is for anyone interested in exploring these questions and tracing out the horizons of an integral post-metaphysical spirituality.

Notice to Visitors

At the moment, this site is at full membership capacity and we are not admitting new members.  We are still getting new membership applications, however, so I am considering upgrading to the next level, which will allow for more members to join.  In the meantime, all discussions are open for viewing and we hope you will read and enjoy the content here.

© 2024   Created by Balder.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service