What? There's only one discussion going on in the Pub?

That's definitely not enough. Barman! Another drink for me and the boys!

In the meantime I'll choose a song from the Jukebox:

www.youtube.video

Views: 7880

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's been one of those days of depressive reverie on my age, infirmity, death and the regrets for paths untaken and opportunities lost. So when I heard this song on the radio it hit me hard.

Interesting -- I was watching this film today.

Since Santa Muerte is imagined to be death itself, not a 'goddess of death' or some other entity, there is a postmetaphysical element to this movement, in there with all the magic and mythic imagery and practice.

The story of Balder. Seems mistletoe was his downfall due to Frigg's oversight. This may well be the origin of the expression "Friggen' A." Ok, that last part is my fanciful speculation, but the link has a lot of info on the real myth.

:-)  Yes, I'm familiar with the myth.  In fact, I've sometimes worred about my screen name, imagining I'm inviting vulnerability to some fateful mistletoe somewhere, and have (superstitiously) considered changing my screen name because of that...

The trailer for this film follows. Get more info about it at their website.

Wow.  Joseph shared this bit of wild Japanese weirdness (Babymetal!) on FB:

Oh yes, I'm stealing this for my blog. I found the lyrics for the song here, from an unofficial fan website.

More in the same "unexpected Asian girl metal" vein...  Tina Guo QUEEN BEE

Except this girl is all growed up. Here's her YouTube channel. Seems she has many sides, like this classical hit:

Oh, yes, definitely all growed up.

Here's a single from a new project, Watter, featuring members of Slint and Grails (sort of drifty, groovy, slightly Eastern prog...)

I'm watching a movie about Santa Meurte right now called Not Forgotten.

Balder said:

Interesting -- I was watching this film today.

Since Santa Muerte is imagined to be death itself, not a 'goddess of death' or some other entity, there is a postmetaphysical element to this movement, in there with all the magic and mythic imagery and practice.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

What paths lie ahead for religion and spirituality in the 21st Century? How might the insights of modernity and post-modernity impact and inform humanity's ancient wisdom traditions? How are we to enact, together, new spiritual visions – independently, or within our respective traditions – that can respond adequately to the challenges of our times?

This group is for anyone interested in exploring these questions and tracing out the horizons of an integral post-metaphysical spirituality.

Notice to Visitors

At the moment, this site is at full membership capacity and we are not admitting new members.  We are still getting new membership applications, however, so I am considering upgrading to the next level, which will allow for more members to join.  In the meantime, all discussions are open for viewing and we hope you will read and enjoy the content here.

© 2024   Created by Balder.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service