Forum Discussions (796)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

INTEGRAL ANTI-CAPITALISM cont'd.

For an introduction to this expanding meta-thread see Integral Anti-Capitalism pt I. We continue here because we have, hilariously, exceede…

Started by Layman Pascal in IPS Town Hall

777 Nov 15, 2018
Reply by Edward theurj Berge

Lady Gaga

I know, there might be some controversy in putting her in this category. But I truly think she fits here and will make that case. I’ve alre…

Started by Edward theurj Berge in Postmetaphysical Visions and Visionaries

39 Oct 16, 2018

A note on neologisms

* FYI, theurjism is the term for my unique neologisms. You may have noticed that I use a few terms that are not in the dictionary, that I'…

Started by Edward theurj Berge in Definitions and Resources

178 May 21, 2018

Gebser Society Conference: Call for Papers

Gebser and Asia In 1961, Jean Gebser’s peregrinations in consciousness led him to visit parts of Asia, including India, Nepal, Pakistan, B…

Started by DavidM58 in Postmetaphysical Visions and Visionaries

0 May 15, 2018

Complexity and Postmodernism

I came upon this free ebook, Complexity and Postmodernism by Paul Cilliers (Routledge 1998). From the introduction: “Complexity and Postmod…

Started by Edward theurj Berge in Book and Film Club

127 Apr 3, 2018

Evan Thompson

We have a thread for Varela in this sub-forum so I figured his cohort from The Embodied Mind would be worthy. I've provided some of his rec…

Started by Edward theurj Berge in Postmetaphysical Visions and Visionaries

78 Mar 21, 2018

Universal Mouse Issues

I have tried using several different mice, like 4 so far, on my pc and they all have the exact same issues, one issue is when i use the mou…

Started by dave follmers in Open Forum

0 Feb 8, 2018

Universal Mouse Issues

I have tried using several different mice, like 4 so far, on my pc and they all have the exact same issues, one issue is when i use the mou…

Started by dave follmers in Open Forum

0 Feb 8, 2018

From Bacteria to Bach and Back: The Evolution of Minds by Daniel Dennett

Google talk on his new book, From Bacteria to Bach and Back: The Evolution of Minds. The blurb: "How did we come to have minds? For centuri…

5 Sep 16, 2017

The Zero Marginal Cost Society by Jeremy Rifkin

After reading the Intro and first chapter a few comments. On p. 6 he discusses how monopolies intentionally thwart competition and innovati…

185 Sep 10, 2017

RSS

What paths lie ahead for religion and spirituality in the 21st Century? How might the insights of modernity and post-modernity impact and inform humanity's ancient wisdom traditions? How are we to enact, together, new spiritual visions – independently, or within our respective traditions – that can respond adequately to the challenges of our times?

This group is for anyone interested in exploring these questions and tracing out the horizons of an integral post-metaphysical spirituality.

Notice to Visitors

At the moment, this site is at full membership capacity and we are not admitting new members.  We are still getting new membership applications, however, so I am considering upgrading to the next level, which will allow for more members to join.  In the meantime, all discussions are open for viewing and we hope you will read and enjoy the content here.