Book and Film Club (113)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The girl with the dragon tattoo

Fricken W O W. This is the noir of perversion par excellence. Recall our thread on perversion. This is its agony and its ecstasy. It's much…

Started by Edward theurj Berge

0 Dec 23, 2011

The Kingdom of Survival

I received an email this morning, recommending the following film to me.  Looks interesting. The Kingdom of Survival SYNOPSISThe Kingd…

Started by Balder

0 Dec 11, 2011

Sex and Zen

Yoohoo! It's me, the german guy. How have you been? I've been moving my domicile and only recently regained my consumer habits, like postin…

Started by Christophe

1 Dec 10, 2011
Reply by Balder

The Head Trip: Adventures on the Wheel of Consciousness

Jeff Warren takes a tour of various states of consciousness (from both research and experiential perspectives) -- including hypnagogic, luc…

Started by Kartik Subbarao

1 Oct 30, 2011
Reply by Balder

Evolutionary Enlightenment

I'm not a fan of Andrew Cohen, as I've commented before.  But his new book looks like it's generating a lot of positive reviews, at least f…

Started by Balder

9 Oct 3, 2011
Reply by shaman sun

Higher Ground

I'm going to see this movie today, will  let you know what I think. Anyone see it yet? Reviews? Here's Ebert's review, giving it 3.5 stars…

3 Sep 12, 2011
Reply by Edward theurj Berge

The Unbearable Lightness of Being

Milan Kundera's book, mentioned in the QM thread, deserves its own thread. Here's the exchange from that thread to kick off this one. Nicol…

11 Sep 4, 2011
Reply by Nicole

new book on evolution and religion

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2011/08/where-does-religion-come-from/243723/

Started by kelamuni

2 Aug 22, 2011

After Finitude

Elsewhere on the web, Jim Chamberlain (a former IPS member) posted a link to the work of Quentin Meillassoux, an emerging new voice in Cont…

Started by Balder

25 Aug 21, 2011

The World is Made of Stories

I came across a fairly recent book by David Loy last night that caught my interest, particularly since the theme of the book is one I have…

Started by Balder

11 Aug 8, 2011
Reply by Balder

RSS

What paths lie ahead for religion and spirituality in the 21st Century? How might the insights of modernity and post-modernity impact and inform humanity's ancient wisdom traditions? How are we to enact, together, new spiritual visions – independently, or within our respective traditions – that can respond adequately to the challenges of our times?

This group is for anyone interested in exploring these questions and tracing out the horizons of an integral post-metaphysical spirituality.

Notice to Visitors

At the moment, this site is at full membership capacity and we are not admitting new members.  We are still getting new membership applications, however, so I am considering upgrading to the next level, which will allow for more members to join.  In the meantime, all discussions are open for viewing and we hope you will read and enjoy the content here.

© 2024   Created by Balder.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service