Forum Discussions (796)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The implications and explications of 'the fold'

Related to my thread on the fold, Balder (Bruce) and I had this conversation today. Bruce: Given Bryant's appeal to autopoiesis, a comparat…

Started by Edward theurj Berge in IPS Inquiry

0 May 19, 2017

A Secular Age? Reflections on Taylor and Panikkar

Here's an interesting essay by Fred Dallmayr, comparing the thought of Charles Taylor and Raimon Panikkar (attached below). Michael Schwa…

Started by Balder in Engagement

12 Apr 14, 2017
Reply by Marlo Yaroslav Devanko

Sophia speaks - Bruce Alderman

Six grammatical categories that underpin philosophical approaches: pronouns, nouns, adjectives, verbs, adverbs and prepositions – are under…

Started by Neelesh Marik in ITC Paper Review

101 Oct 5, 2016
Reply by Edward theurj Berge

Jean Gebser

From a link I found on this site from theurge - a Google Doc, (p. 11 (2009) devoted to an old discussion about Jean Gebser: "Shifting gea…

Started by DavidM58 in Postmetaphysical Visions and Visionaries

26 Sep 23, 2016
Reply by DavidM58

Stephen Batchelor

In my quest to go postmetaphysical a few of my several concerns follow: 1) How to interpret states and stages of consciousness; 2) How to p…

Started by Edward theurj Berge in Postmetaphysical Visions and Visionaries

109 Sep 1, 2016

Introduction to Emptiness by Guy Newland

Subtitle: As Taught in Tsong-kha-pa's Great Treatise on the Stages of the Path. From the ad at Snow Lion Publications: "Readers are hard-pr…

Started by Edward theurj Berge in Book and Film Club

9 Sep 1, 2016

Insanity Of God - I think about persecution of Christians mainly by Muslims n

On August 30 7pm at many US theaters there will be an apparently one night only showing - The Insanity Of God. I'm close to one Christian w…

Started by Ambo Suno in Book and Film Club

0 Aug 23, 2016

Mark Edwards

Update: His Ph.D. thesis is here. And a pdf copy is below. Mark has been cited more in this forum than probably any other source. I even st…

Started by Edward theurj Berge in Postmetaphysical Visions and Visionaries

61 Aug 20, 2016
Reply by Ambo Suno

A Progressive Third Party

With the realization that Sanders will probably not win the Democratic Party nomination, and that said establishment Party is corrupt beyon…

Started by Edward theurj Berge in IPS Town Hall

156 Aug 16, 2016

Happy Hour

What? There's only one discussion going on in the Pub?That's definitely not enough. Barman! Another drink for me and the boys!In the meanti…

Started by Christophe in O'Kenny's Pub

682 Aug 14, 2016
Reply by Ambo Suno

RSS

What paths lie ahead for religion and spirituality in the 21st Century? How might the insights of modernity and post-modernity impact and inform humanity's ancient wisdom traditions? How are we to enact, together, new spiritual visions – independently, or within our respective traditions – that can respond adequately to the challenges of our times?

This group is for anyone interested in exploring these questions and tracing out the horizons of an integral post-metaphysical spirituality.

Notice to Visitors

At the moment, this site is at full membership capacity and we are not admitting new members.  We are still getting new membership applications, however, so I am considering upgrading to the next level, which will allow for more members to join.  In the meantime, all discussions are open for viewing and we hope you will read and enjoy the content here.