Open Forum (119)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What is Integral?

My other question is in regards to the the term 'Integral'. Is integral an approach that subsumes 'spirit' as we understand it. Or can we…

Started by Dial

0 Aug 8, 2011

Peter Kingsley: Lost History of the West?

A writer named Peter Kingsley has been making waves recently in some parts of the Integral community -- particularly his book, A Story Wait…

Started by Balder

68 Jun 7, 2011
Reply by kelamuni

Postmetaphysical Puritanism

In the Sam Harris on Spiritual Experience thread, Mary offered a critique which I think is worth exploring, so I'm setting up a separate th…

Started by Balder

24 May 30, 2011
Reply by kelamuni

The rising culture and worldview of contemporary spirituality

Archive Fire blog alerted me to an article by the above name at this link. It is published in Ecological Economics 70, 2011, pp. 1057 - 106…

Started by Edward theurj Berge

24 May 25, 2011
Reply by Mary W.

The Spectre of Philosophy: Self-Knowledge

This is the third subject that I had planned to deal with in series of essays outlining a conception of the "path of knowledge" or the "way…

Started by kelamuni

7 May 20, 2011
Reply by kelamuni

John Hick and Ken Wilber

If you have the time and interest, I'd like to invite you to read the following essay by John Hick and comment on whether you think this vi…

Started by Balder

15 May 18, 2011
Reply by Balder

Is Religion A Force for Good in the World? Hitchens vs Blair

Below I will post videos of a recent debate between Tony Blair (pro) and Christopher Hitchens (con) on the question of whether religion is…

Started by Balder

43 May 15, 2011
Reply by kelamuni

Easter / Spring

O dark dark dark. They all go into the dark, The vacant interstellar spaces, the vacant into the vacant, The captains, merchant bankers,…

Started by Balder

2 Apr 24, 2011
Reply by Mary W.

Kenny and Ayn Rand?

Eulogizing Nataniel Branden, an ex fan of Rand, I am amazed by that bizarre  connection to someone who claimed that the european colonists…

Started by xibalba

5 Apr 19, 2011
Reply by kelamuni

Toto, I Have the Feeling We're Not in Kansas Anymore

I am writing this post to address an issue that has been in the back of my mind for several years now, but that has not yet been developed…

Started by kelamuni

30 Apr 8, 2011
Reply by Balder

RSS

What paths lie ahead for religion and spirituality in the 21st Century? How might the insights of modernity and post-modernity impact and inform humanity's ancient wisdom traditions? How are we to enact, together, new spiritual visions – independently, or within our respective traditions – that can respond adequately to the challenges of our times?

This group is for anyone interested in exploring these questions and tracing out the horizons of an integral post-metaphysical spirituality.

Notice to Visitors

At the moment, this site is at full membership capacity and we are not admitting new members.  We are still getting new membership applications, however, so I am considering upgrading to the next level, which will allow for more members to join.  In the meantime, all discussions are open for viewing and we hope you will read and enjoy the content here.

© 2024   Created by Balder.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service