Book and Film Club (113)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Quantum books

I was researching QM literature at amazon. Some results:   Quantum Psychology: How Brain Software Programs You and Your World [Paperback]…

Started by Christophe

14 Aug 3, 2011
Reply by Edward theurj Berge

Sucker Punch

Andrew: i new something was up with suckerpunch... http://vigilantcitizen.com/ Andrew's comment in the QM thread about this movie and the r…

Started by Edward theurj Berge

10 Jul 23, 2011

Process and Difference

Here’s an online find: Process and Difference: Between Cosmological and Poststructuralist Postmodernisms (edited by Keller and Deniell, SUN…

Started by Edward theurj Berge

0 Jul 20, 2011

Michel Foucault on the culture of the Self in greco-roman philosophies

fundamental inorder to understand the late Foucault and the genealogy of reconstruction. A way to fill the gaps left by KW due to his too…

Started by xibalba

0 Jun 24, 2011

Remembering brilliant TIm Leary, once the most dangerous man in US academy and culture

Here is a link to his book "High priest", an autobiography variation, a psychedelic and "inner journey" based  on some BIble aphorisms, t…

Started by xibalba

1 May 28, 2011

the structuralism of Claude Levi-Strauss as foundational of western ethnocentrism

while I have a great admiration for his grand construction of how archaic societies were built up and grew during the course of history i…

Started by xibalba

0 May 28, 2011

Huffington Post article by filmaker Jennifer Fox, director of 'My Reincarnation'

The article can be found here.   Jennifer D. Fox Director, 'My Reincarnation' Buddhist Samaya and The Making of 'My Reincarnation'…

Started by Lol

2 May 26, 2011
Reply by Lol

Big Stories: The New Universe

We have talked recently on the forum about story and "Big Stories," so I wanted to post something on a new book I just picked up:  The New…

Started by Balder

56 May 19, 2011
Reply by kelamuni

Jurgen Habermas and Charles Taylor

Three books, two different approaches, to read as a profound reflexion on the historicity  of our post-secular age and its postmetaphysic…

Started by xibalba

14 May 19, 2011
Reply by kelamuni

Good Omens

Anyone here read Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett? I thought it was quite clever and often very funny, though I thought that t…

Started by kelamuni

3 May 3, 2011
Reply by Christophe

RSS

What paths lie ahead for religion and spirituality in the 21st Century? How might the insights of modernity and post-modernity impact and inform humanity's ancient wisdom traditions? How are we to enact, together, new spiritual visions – independently, or within our respective traditions – that can respond adequately to the challenges of our times?

This group is for anyone interested in exploring these questions and tracing out the horizons of an integral post-metaphysical spirituality.

Notice to Visitors

At the moment, this site is at full membership capacity and we are not admitting new members.  We are still getting new membership applications, however, so I am considering upgrading to the next level, which will allow for more members to join.  In the meantime, all discussions are open for viewing and we hope you will read and enjoy the content here.

© 2024   Created by Balder.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service