IPS Town Hall (42)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Capitalism Papers

Balder mentioned The Capitalism Papers: Fatal Flaws of an Obsolete System (Counterpoint, 2012) in this post. Some excerpts and discussion f…

Started by Edward theurj Berge

7 Jan 20, 2014
Reply by Edward theurj Berge

Progressive economics

I referenced this site, Kick if Over, in my last post in the Rifkin thread. Like Rifkin it's a different way of looking at economics and a…

69 Nov 3, 2013
Reply by DavidM58

President Obama reelected

I couldn't stay up for the results so woke up in the middle of the night instead. Obama wins reelection, yea! Elizabeth Warren wins a Mass.…

9 Nov 11, 2012

Five Reasons Why Romney/Ryan Must Be Defeated

No real surprises here, just a really clear, thorough explanation by Kurt Eichenwald: "Contrary to how it might seem, I am not a partisan b…

Started by Mary W.

12 Sep 10, 2012
Reply by Mary W.

The Articles of the Planetary Data-Set

(This "wrote itself" while I was walking around the lake. It is unedited, vaguely constitutional, prophetic, anticipatory, etc. For me it r…

Started by Layman Pascal

3 Sep 9, 2012
Reply by James Barrow

Your thoughts on the Occupy Movement?

I'm sure you've seen the articles, the videos, and FB pages -  MSNBC - Occupy Wall Street supporters demonstrate in cities from coast to co…

Started by Nicole

499 Jun 10, 2012

What is critical integral theory?

This is the name of a new article by Daniel Gustav Anderson at Integral World. Following are some excerpts reminiscent of our recent conver…

7 Dec 21, 2011

Iceland punishes criminal bankers

Why doesn't this make media news in the US? Because our news is in bed with the government, who is in bed with the bankers. It's all just o…

3 Aug 23, 2011

Wisconsin recalls begin

The Wisconsin people continue to lead the US to a recovery of democracy. They were the first to take action against the continual corporate…

0 Jul 21, 2011

Why Wisconsin matters

This link is to a series of articles on what's happening in Wisconsin. A little ways down the page is a video of Chris Hayes and Naomi Klei…

50 Jun 26, 2011
Reply by e

RSS

What paths lie ahead for religion and spirituality in the 21st Century? How might the insights of modernity and post-modernity impact and inform humanity's ancient wisdom traditions? How are we to enact, together, new spiritual visions – independently, or within our respective traditions – that can respond adequately to the challenges of our times?

This group is for anyone interested in exploring these questions and tracing out the horizons of an integral post-metaphysical spirituality.

Notice to Visitors

At the moment, this site is at full membership capacity and we are not admitting new members.  We are still getting new membership applications, however, so I am considering upgrading to the next level, which will allow for more members to join.  In the meantime, all discussions are open for viewing and we hope you will read and enjoy the content here.

© 2024   Created by Balder.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service