Open Forum (119)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Buddhism and Science Lecture Series

On the Michel Bitbol thread, I posted a link to his contribution to the Buddhism and Science lecture series.  Since several of the talks lo…

Started by Balder

2 Nov 4, 2012
Reply by Edward theurj Berge

Dr. Eben Alexander's NDE

Hmmm...   A neurosurgeon's account of "heaven"...

Started by Balder

3 Oct 15, 2012
Reply by Layman Pascal

Dark Retreat

Lol recently shared with me this recent interesting-looking discussion between Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche, my former Bon Dzogchen teacher, a…

Started by Balder

0 Oct 11, 2012

Matarealism

I had dinner in Berkeley yesterday evening with Mark Schmanko, one of the editors of the recent JITP issue on Integral Religious Studies. O…

Started by Balder

7 Sep 3, 2012
Reply by Michael Gray

Reflections upon Science, Nondual Spirituality and the role of Philosophers.

For aeons humans have sought knowledge of the universe. The great spiritual traditions, the mystics, sages and saints of all times, have ta…

Started by Glistening Deepwater

7 Aug 27, 2012
Reply by Balder

CORRELATIONISM: An Open Letter of Apology

Let us address this self-parodying question, “Does Correlationism exist -- or do I just think it does?” First off... I must apologize.  …

Started by Layman Pascal

20 Jul 16, 2012
Reply by Balder

INTEGRAL POST-METAPHYSICAL BIG TREMORS IN LITTLE CHINA

Started by Layman Pascal

6 Jul 15, 2012
Reply by Balder

Postmetaphysics and the Causal State

There is a recent thread on the new Integral Life forum that is touching on a few themes that we have explored here over the years.  I've c…

Started by Balder

1 Jun 12, 2012

Dispirited: How Contemporary Spirituality Makes Us Stupid, Selfish, and Unhappy

C4Chaos shared the following link recently, which I thought would be relevant to members of this group.  How Contemporary Spirituality Mak…

Started by Balder

4 Jun 2, 2012

Atman, Aporia, and Atomism (Tom Pepper Critiques Alan Wallace)

He Who Shall Not Be Named shared this essay on FB today.  I've just read the intro so far, but it looks interesting and thought it worthy o…

Started by Balder

30 May 5, 2012

RSS

What paths lie ahead for religion and spirituality in the 21st Century? How might the insights of modernity and post-modernity impact and inform humanity's ancient wisdom traditions? How are we to enact, together, new spiritual visions – independently, or within our respective traditions – that can respond adequately to the challenges of our times?

This group is for anyone interested in exploring these questions and tracing out the horizons of an integral post-metaphysical spirituality.

Notice to Visitors

At the moment, this site is at full membership capacity and we are not admitting new members.  We are still getting new membership applications, however, so I am considering upgrading to the next level, which will allow for more members to join.  In the meantime, all discussions are open for viewing and we hope you will read and enjoy the content here.

© 2024   Created by Balder.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service