What? There's only one discussion going on in the Pub?

That's definitely not enough. Barman! Another drink for me and the boys!

In the meantime I'll choose a song from the Jukebox:

www.youtube.video

Views: 8040

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Radioactive - Imagine Dragons. Very interesting video, given the theme of Les Miserables (opening tomorrow) and the proletariat revolution, coming soon.

Nice coincidence; I just bought their album this morning.  (I had their EP, but Amazon is offering their album for $1.99 today, so I downloaded it).

After you listen to the rest, is it as revolutionary as that song/video?

Decode by Paramore. I like this one not only for the music but its theme of how we translate each other, or not, as it is a recurrent theme here. It seems by the video that this song was part of the soundtrack of one of the Twilight movies. I'm not sure since I don't watch that crap. I don't think though that it should detract from the song in itself.

Nice song.  I'd heard of them but hadn't heard any of their songs before.  (Yes, um, that is Twilight...)

Here's an interesting bluesy/gothic/post-rocky sort of mix...

Inspired by the last post in the Rifkin thread, Revolution by the Beatles.

Sky if Over - Serj Tankian. This one seems a blatant statement on how our capitalistic culture is destroying the 'sky,' our ozone layer. And good music too.

No sugar tonight. For some strange reason (or no reason) this one popped into my head today.

Recent discussion reminded me of this song from my yute: Man in the Mirror-Below the surface by Dan Fogelberg.

Remembering a beginning by Elephant Revival

Reply to Discussion

RSS

What paths lie ahead for religion and spirituality in the 21st Century? How might the insights of modernity and post-modernity impact and inform humanity's ancient wisdom traditions? How are we to enact, together, new spiritual visions – independently, or within our respective traditions – that can respond adequately to the challenges of our times?

This group is for anyone interested in exploring these questions and tracing out the horizons of an integral post-metaphysical spirituality.

Notice to Visitors

At the moment, this site is at full membership capacity and we are not admitting new members.  We are still getting new membership applications, however, so I am considering upgrading to the next level, which will allow for more members to join.  In the meantime, all discussions are open for viewing and we hope you will read and enjoy the content here.

© 2024   Created by Balder.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service