A new song and video, inspired by the ongoing news out of Fukushima.

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In these melodic fragments I hear, overall, the act of asking. Something about the inflections of the brief phrasings is filled with what it is to turn, without answers, to the near side of a need to know, without yet knowing. That expression is very congruent with common initial reaction to tragedy, crisis, catastrophe. And you said that without a single word, per se. Beautifully moving. Vulnerability shot through with the power it does have: that before 'fight' or 'flight', a chance to live the question arises. To ask, without answer, yet. 

Beautifully said, Kerry.  You heard in this what I could not yet see, the composition still being so close to me -- still in the asking, I might say.  I don't consciously make these songs with the thought that you will hear them, brother Kerry, but whenever you do, I am always surprised by and grateful for the grace of your ear.

And one more song, a lighter one than the last:

The title is Indonesian for "Rama's Love."  I chose a "Ramayana" theme for the video and song title since I'm using instruments from India and Indonesia, and the Ramayana epic is a common thread between both cultures.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

What paths lie ahead for religion and spirituality in the 21st Century? How might the insights of modernity and post-modernity impact and inform humanity's ancient wisdom traditions? How are we to enact, together, new spiritual visions – independently, or within our respective traditions – that can respond adequately to the challenges of our times?

This group is for anyone interested in exploring these questions and tracing out the horizons of an integral post-metaphysical spirituality.

Notice to Visitors

At the moment, this site is at full membership capacity and we are not admitting new members.  We are still getting new membership applications, however, so I am considering upgrading to the next level, which will allow for more members to join.  In the meantime, all discussions are open for viewing and we hope you will read and enjoy the content here.

© 2024   Created by Balder.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service