All Discussions Tagged 'postmetaphysics' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Stephen Batchelor

In my quest to go postmetaphysical a few of my several concerns follow: 1) How to interpret states and stages of consciousness; 2) How to p…

Started by Edward theurj Berge

109 Sep 1, 2016
Reply by Edward theurj Berge

David R. Loy

David Loy's work has featured in a number of our discussions, both back on the old Gaia version of the forum and here as well, so I think i…

Started by Balder

18 Jun 17, 2015
Reply by Edward theurj Berge

HOW POST-RATIONAL POTENTIALS AGGRAVATE PRE-RATIONAL HABITS

How do post-conventional possibilities stimulate, confirm and empower pre-conventional structures of thought, feeling and action? This is t…

Started by Layman Pascal

20 May 1, 2014
Reply by Layman Pascal

"integral postmetaphysical nonduality"

Out of curiosity I did a Google search on the above three words in parentheses as a phrase. In the entire internet there was only one hit a…

Started by Edward theurj Berge

92 Mar 14, 2014
Reply by Darrell R. Moneyhon

Kingdom Come: Postmetaphysical Inclusivism? (My Conference Paper)

Per Ed's request, I'm posting a copy of the paper I just submitted for the upcoming IT Conference.  I only had 3 days to work on it, so I e…

Started by Balder

87 Nov 1, 2012
Reply by Balder

The Postmetaphysics of Religious Difference

I just came across an essay on religious pluralism which appears to touch on some of the themes we've explored here in the past (I've read…

Started by Balder

51 Feb 19, 2012
Reply by Balder

IMMANENT HEAVEN: SPIRITUAL (POST)METAPHYSICS AND ETHICS

I periodically cast a net out in cyberspace to see if I turn up any relevant-seeming essays or books.  This is the fish I caught this morni…

Started by Balder

1 Jul 22, 2011
Reply by kelamuni

Postmetaphysical Puritanism

In the Sam Harris on Spiritual Experience thread, Mary offered a critique which I think is worth exploring, so I'm setting up a separate th…

Started by Balder

24 May 30, 2011
Reply by kelamuni

Big Stories: The New Universe

We have talked recently on the forum about story and "Big Stories," so I wanted to post something on a new book I just picked up:  The New…

Started by Balder

56 May 19, 2011
Reply by kelamuni

The Return of Religion in France

I just came across a book entitled The Return of Religion in France: From Democratisation to Postmetaphysics, which looks like an interesti…

Started by Balder

4 Jan 17, 2011
Reply by Mary W.

RSS

What paths lie ahead for religion and spirituality in the 21st Century? How might the insights of modernity and post-modernity impact and inform humanity's ancient wisdom traditions? How are we to enact, together, new spiritual visions – independently, or within our respective traditions – that can respond adequately to the challenges of our times?

This group is for anyone interested in exploring these questions and tracing out the horizons of an integral post-metaphysical spirituality.

Notice to Visitors

At the moment, this site is at full membership capacity and we are not admitting new members.  We are still getting new membership applications, however, so I am considering upgrading to the next level, which will allow for more members to join.  In the meantime, all discussions are open for viewing and we hope you will read and enjoy the content here.

© 2024   Created by Balder.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service