All Discussions Tagged 'Buddhism' (7)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Stephen Batchelor

In my quest to go postmetaphysical a few of my several concerns follow: 1) How to interpret states and stages of consciousness; 2) How to p…

Started by Edward theurj Berge

109 Sep 1, 2016
Reply by Edward theurj Berge

Trusting Desire - Zach Schlosser

In "Trusting Desire," which you can download here, Zach Schlosser proposes a trans-lineage, living spirituality, one which honors and draws…

Started by Balder

10 Oct 10, 2015
Reply by andrew

Buddhist Influence on the Western Enlightenment?

This was a fun and engaging article (and bit of detective work) on the possible influence of Buddhism on David Hume's thought.  Like others…

Started by Balder

0 Oct 5, 2015

David R. Loy

David Loy's work has featured in a number of our discussions, both back on the old Gaia version of the forum and here as well, so I think i…

Started by Balder

18 Jun 17, 2015

The Fourth Turning

Ken Wilber has a new book coming out, and a series of teaching as well, called The Fourth Turning: Exploring the Future of Buddhism.  The l…

Started by Balder

26 Jul 28, 2014

More on Mystical Empiricism

I came across a blog entry this evening that touches on a number of themes we've explored here over the past couple years: whether mystical…

Started by Balder

1 Sep 17, 2011
Reply by Nicole

Towards an Integral Model of Buddhism (Bhikkhu Bodhi)

Video series synopsis:  Towards an Integral Model of Buddhism by Ven. Bhikkhu Bodhi (approx. 53 min. total) This lecture was given to the b…

Started by Balder

3 Oct 30, 2010
Reply by e

RSS

What paths lie ahead for religion and spirituality in the 21st Century? How might the insights of modernity and post-modernity impact and inform humanity's ancient wisdom traditions? How are we to enact, together, new spiritual visions – independently, or within our respective traditions – that can respond adequately to the challenges of our times?

This group is for anyone interested in exploring these questions and tracing out the horizons of an integral post-metaphysical spirituality.

Notice to Visitors

At the moment, this site is at full membership capacity and we are not admitting new members.  We are still getting new membership applications, however, so I am considering upgrading to the next level, which will allow for more members to join.  In the meantime, all discussions are open for viewing and we hope you will read and enjoy the content here.

© 2024   Created by Balder.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service