Postmetaphysical Visions and Visionaries (64)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

E. O. Wilson

May not qualify as postmetaphysical but he deserves a look.   E.O. Wilson on saving life on Earth   Join UCSD's Patricia Churchland in an i…

Started by e

0 Feb 11, 2011

Inspiring Naturalism

The Inspiring Naturalism podcast series, hosted by Michael Dowd and Connie Barlow, explores how a naturalistic, deep time, evolutionary per…

Started by Balder

0 Nov 7, 2010

E.F. Schumacher

Does anyone recall the work of E.F. Schumacher?  I remember I read his book, A Guide for the Perplexed, back when I was a freshman in colle…

Started by Balder

0 Sep 29, 2010

Ralph Waldo Emerson: Integral Pioneer

Thanks to Nickeson (Stephen), I lately took interest in 19th century philosopher Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882) who had a big and lasting…

Started by Christophe

2 Sep 26, 2010
Reply by Edward theurj Berge

William James' "A Pluralistic Mystic"

A Pluralistic MysticWilliam James   A PLURALISTIC MYSTIC[1]   Not for the ignoble vulgar do I write this article, but only for those dialec…

Started by Balder

1 Sep 19, 2010
Reply by Balder

Fukuyama on Nietzsche

This is a book review done by Neo-Liberal Theorist Frances Fukuyama on a new Biography about Friedrich Neitzsche by Julian Young (Universit…

Started by Christophe

13 Sep 11, 2010
Reply by xibalba

Raimon Panikkar writes a farewell letter

I got a notification from a Yahoo group that's made up of friends of Bernadette Roberts that Fr Raimon Panikkar has sent out a letter of fa…

Started by Joseph

8 Sep 1, 2010
Reply by Joseph

Inhabiting Conscious Experience: Participatory Science

On the old forum, I posted an essay by Jack Petranker entitled Participatory Knowing, which some of you may recall.  The paper linked below…

Started by Balder

0 Aug 14, 2010

Some thoughts about Lacan

As an introduction and starting point for debate, I'll post an obituary on Jacques Lacan by Alain Badiou, published in 1981, shortly after…

Started by Christophe

4 Aug 9, 2010
Reply by Christophe

Henri Bortoft

Henri Bortoft is a science researcher and a student of Goethe and Bohm.  I first learned of Henri Bortoft's work in an ecopsychology course…

Started by Balder

15 Apr 7, 2010

RSS

What paths lie ahead for religion and spirituality in the 21st Century? How might the insights of modernity and post-modernity impact and inform humanity's ancient wisdom traditions? How are we to enact, together, new spiritual visions – independently, or within our respective traditions – that can respond adequately to the challenges of our times?

This group is for anyone interested in exploring these questions and tracing out the horizons of an integral post-metaphysical spirituality.

Notice to Visitors

At the moment, this site is at full membership capacity and we are not admitting new members.  We are still getting new membership applications, however, so I am considering upgrading to the next level, which will allow for more members to join.  In the meantime, all discussions are open for viewing and we hope you will read and enjoy the content here.

© 2024   Created by Balder.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service