Open Forum (119)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

brights, murky's or supers?

is anyone familiar with dan dennett's classifications of our (human) beliefs? and if you are, do you think dan would generally classify int…

Started by andrew

1 Oct 16, 2010
Reply by kelamuni

The Human Consciousness Project

In the Eye of Spirit, Wilber mentions the Human Consciousness Project, which he compares to the Human Genome Project -- a worldwide, multi-…

Started by Balder

5 Oct 13, 2010
Reply by andrew

Religious Knowledge Quiz (and the State of Religious Knowledge in the US)

Take the Pew Forum religious knowledge quiz:   http://features.pewforum.org/quiz/us-religious-knowledge/   I got 14 out of 15.  The last qu…

Started by Balder

13 Sep 29, 2010
Reply by andrew

Radical Buddhism and the paradox of acceptance

See this article by the above title at this link. Here's an excerpt:   In other words, for Zizek, Buddhism, in the context of a Western con…

Started by Edward theurj Berge

13 Sep 27, 2010
Reply by Balder

Ken Wilber's Spectrum Model: Identifying Alternative Soteriological Perspectives

I came across the attached essay today and thought it was worth sharing here.   I'll copy and paste the introduction, and the rest can be r…

Started by Balder

3 Sep 5, 2010
Reply by kelamuni

Conservatism = death

Yes, I'm being hyperbolic (slightly) but it gets the point across. Here's a link to a recent article by George Lakoff on the conservative w…

10 Jul 22, 2010
Reply by andrew

Pope Pius XII. Controversy

From Foreign Policy Dot Com: Why Did the Pope Keep Quiet About Hitler? "How much did the Catholic Church hierarchy know about Hitler's opp…

Started by Christophe

0 May 13, 2010

The Neurophenomenology of Spiritual Development

This morning an acquaintance shared with me a link to the website and work of Eric Thompson, director of the Metanoia Research Institute. …

Started by Balder

9 Apr 27, 2010
Reply by James Barrow

Coffee Party

Since the Coffee Party movement is gaining ground every day I thought I'd post a link to our previous Gaia discussion thread "Latte Party"…

8 Apr 26, 2010
Reply by xibalba

RSS

What paths lie ahead for religion and spirituality in the 21st Century? How might the insights of modernity and post-modernity impact and inform humanity's ancient wisdom traditions? How are we to enact, together, new spiritual visions – independently, or within our respective traditions – that can respond adequately to the challenges of our times?

This group is for anyone interested in exploring these questions and tracing out the horizons of an integral post-metaphysical spirituality.

Notice to Visitors

At the moment, this site is at full membership capacity and we are not admitting new members.  We are still getting new membership applications, however, so I am considering upgrading to the next level, which will allow for more members to join.  In the meantime, all discussions are open for viewing and we hope you will read and enjoy the content here.

© 2024   Created by Balder.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service