IPS Inquiry (76)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

EJACULATION & BROCCOLI: A Phased Evolutionary Definition of "Metaphysics"

PREAMBLE The leading cause of death for males in the civilized world is (arguably) prostate cancer.  Several medical recommendations exist…

Started by Layman Pascal

27 Jan 2, 2015
Reply by Layman Pascal

An Integral Postmetaphysical Definition of States

Inspired in part by Mark Edwards' dissertation, in which he calls for clearer definition of key Integral terms, I would like to open a disc…

Started by Balder

127 Dec 29, 2014
Reply by Balder

"Agape" in Integral Theory

What is, and what do you think about, the role of Agape in Integral Theory? Wilber has talked fairly frequently about the interplay of E…

Started by Balder

66 Nov 13, 2014
Reply by Layman Pascal

The REAL (sic) Post-Metaphysical Issue

rebooting... 1. The problem is not "totalization" or "closure" -- the problem is TIME.  Or rather it is the traditional metaphysics of Tim…

Started by Layman Pascal

37 Nov 6, 2014
Reply by Layman Pascal

Gross, Subtle, Causal & Nondual are NOT State-Stages

Stimulated by a conversation in the Integral Life forum I entered into a period of private pondering which produced the following 17 point…

Started by Layman Pascal

15 Sep 22, 2014
Reply by andrew

Oleg Linetksy is the Enemy of God

Hear ye!  Hear ye!  The annual meeting of the Oleg Linetsky is the Enemy of God Society (the OLEGs) is now in session: The first order of b…

Started by Layman Pascal

25 Aug 22, 2014
Reply by zzz

Sophia Speaks

Now that the presentation has been given and the paper is available on the MetaIntegral website, I would like (per theurj's suggestion) to…

Started by Balder

27 Jul 3, 2014
Reply by Layman Pascal

A Comprehensive Definition of Religion

What is the essence of Religion?  What are the elements of its fully realized form? How does this appear at each major phase of historical…

Started by Layman Pascal

100 Jun 26, 2014
Reply by Layman Pascal

Wilber's (Initial) Response to Critical Realism

I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but the following article looks like a very relevant and timely one for us here at IPS.  Wilber is r…

Started by Balder

50 Jun 25, 2014
Reply by Edward theurj Berge

From radical atheism to radical theology

John Caputo has a lengthy (93 pages!) new article in the Spring 2011 issue of JCRT (11.2) called "The return of anti-religion: from radical…

Started by Edward theurj Berge

30 May 29, 2014
Reply by Layman Pascal

RSS

What paths lie ahead for religion and spirituality in the 21st Century? How might the insights of modernity and post-modernity impact and inform humanity's ancient wisdom traditions? How are we to enact, together, new spiritual visions – independently, or within our respective traditions – that can respond adequately to the challenges of our times?

This group is for anyone interested in exploring these questions and tracing out the horizons of an integral post-metaphysical spirituality.

Notice to Visitors

At the moment, this site is at full membership capacity and we are not admitting new members.  We are still getting new membership applications, however, so I am considering upgrading to the next level, which will allow for more members to join.  In the meantime, all discussions are open for viewing and we hope you will read and enjoy the content here.

© 2024   Created by Balder.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service