IPS Arts (57)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Only Spirit

Here's my first attempt at a more danceable tune.  I found a fun program that lets you compose your own synth loops, so this is my first ex…

Started by Balder

2 Feb 11, 2014
Reply by Balder

Sea Shanti

Here's a new suling (flute) song I made this week.  Dedicated to the precious life in our oceans.

Started by Balder

3 Jan 30, 2014
Reply by Layman Pascal

The Silmarillion

An elegant reading of Tolkien's The Silmarillion (a favorite from my youth: imaginal scripture).

Started by Balder

0 Jan 18, 2014

HOW I LEARNED TO HATE THE MONA LISA

Sure, I'm an art snob. That means I consider it possible that "good things" and "my favorites" are not necessarily the same. But what oug…

Started by Layman Pascal

27 Jan 6, 2014
Reply by Joseph Camosy

Morning in Middle Earth

My first new composition for 2014 (featuring xylophone as well as flute this time) -- with a Middle Earth theme in honor of Tolkien's recen…

Started by Balder

0 Jan 4, 2014

cupcakes

Its 2012 and the world hasn’t morphed into a cocoon How churlish. maybe its time to fantasize en masse   Cold turkey to grope  at the ware…

Started by valli

2 Jan 1, 2014
Reply by valli

John David Ebert on Postmetaphysical Art

John David Ebert, a well-known interpreter of Sloterdijk's writings, has a new book out:  Art After Metaphysics. Here's an excerpt: Art, th…

Started by Balder

5 Nov 21, 2013
Reply by Layman Pascal

New Album: Golden Swarms the River of Light

I've just released a new album of my flute music on Bandcamp.  As usual, it is available for "name your price" -- meaning, free!  I hope y…

Started by Balder

3 Aug 28, 2013
Reply by Balder

Fukushima

A new song and video, inspired by the ongoing news out of Fukushima.

Started by Balder

3 Aug 18, 2013
Reply by Balder

Nectar of the Valley

After many months, I finally had the time to make music again!  Here is my (musical) offering for Independence Day 2013.  Enjoy.

Started by Balder

6 Jul 5, 2013
Reply by Balder

RSS

What paths lie ahead for religion and spirituality in the 21st Century? How might the insights of modernity and post-modernity impact and inform humanity's ancient wisdom traditions? How are we to enact, together, new spiritual visions – independently, or within our respective traditions – that can respond adequately to the challenges of our times?

This group is for anyone interested in exploring these questions and tracing out the horizons of an integral post-metaphysical spirituality.

Notice to Visitors

At the moment, this site is at full membership capacity and we are not admitting new members.  We are still getting new membership applications, however, so I am considering upgrading to the next level, which will allow for more members to join.  In the meantime, all discussions are open for viewing and we hope you will read and enjoy the content here.

© 2024   Created by Balder.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service