Book and Film Club (113)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

John Cobb on Earth Day: Is It Too Late?

Reblogged from a 2012 post I wrote... The sinking of the RMS Titanic, as painted by Willy Stöwer (Photo credit: Wikipedia) Many peop…

Started by DavidM58

0 Apr 22, 2015

Becoming Animal

I originally posted this on the Big Stories thread, but I have decided to start an independent thread for it.  It's a  new book by David Ab…

Started by Balder

17 Apr 22, 2015
Reply by Balder

Henry Nelson Wieman and Empirical Theology (Radical Empiricism)

A dear friend and mentor, Dr. Kenyth Freeman, mentioned to me a few years ago that I should check out the work of American philosopher of…

Started by DavidM58

7 Apr 13, 2015
Reply by Edward theurj Berge

Killing Ragheads for Jesus

Has anyone seen American Sniper?  I haven't yet -- and may never -- but Chris Hedges gives a pretty detailed (and scathing) summary of it h…

Started by Balder

4 Feb 5, 2015
Reply by andrew

The Evolution of Consciousness as a Planetary Imperative

Subtitle: An Integration of Integral Views. This is Jennifer Gidley's book-length Ph.D. dissertation printed in toto in Integral Review 5,…

Started by Edward theurj Berge

9 Jan 5, 2015
Reply by Layman Pascal

Exodus: Gods and Kings

I'm eagerly anticipating this new movie under Ridley Scott's direction set to open Dec. 12. I've been seeing previews for the last 2 months…

3 Dec 25, 2014

Integral Spirituality

Free e-book version here.

0 Dec 6, 2014

Mockingjay

This weekend I saw part I of this ongoing Hunger Games saga. I was reminded of recent posts on progressive framing, that we need more than…

2 Nov 24, 2014

Religion and Radical Empiricism

I recently finished reading what I feel is an important and well-written/well reasoned book from 1987, Nancy Frankenberry's Religion and Ra…

Started by DavidM58

26 Oct 7, 2014
Reply by Layman Pascal

Dirty Wars

Here is a link to Scahill's doc.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_4Khapvqhc My guess is that the only reason we are being told about th…

Started by andrew

27 Sep 12, 2014
Reply by andrew

RSS

What paths lie ahead for religion and spirituality in the 21st Century? How might the insights of modernity and post-modernity impact and inform humanity's ancient wisdom traditions? How are we to enact, together, new spiritual visions – independently, or within our respective traditions – that can respond adequately to the challenges of our times?

This group is for anyone interested in exploring these questions and tracing out the horizons of an integral post-metaphysical spirituality.

Notice to Visitors

At the moment, this site is at full membership capacity and we are not admitting new members.  We are still getting new membership applications, however, so I am considering upgrading to the next level, which will allow for more members to join.  In the meantime, all discussions are open for viewing and we hope you will read and enjoy the content here.

© 2024   Created by Balder.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service