Book and Film Club (113)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Waking, Dreaming, Being by Evan Thompson

Foreword by Stephen Batchelor He begins by noting how the word meditation has changed in response to the influx of Asiatic religion into t…

Started by Edward theurj Berge

101 Mar 24, 2016
Reply by Edward theurj Berge

Before Midnight - a movie

Hi there, [Woman]. I just saw this library DVD and it was very good to my tastes. I thought of you and I was wondering if you might enjoy…

Started by Ambo Suno

0 Mar 23, 2016

Mark Edwards' Ph.D. dissertation

which is sort of a "book," can be found at this link: "An integral metatheory for organisational transformation." In Chapter 8.4 he details…

7 Mar 22, 2016

Oliver Sacks' autobiography On The Move: A Life

On The Move: A Life, by Oliver Sacks has a highly integral feel to me in that it includes a lot of breadth and depth about life that feels…

Started by Ambo Suno

0 Feb 27, 2016

War And Remembrance

In 1988 ABC television began airing one of the greatest video sagas of all time - the 30 hour mini-series War And Remembrance. I just watch…

Started by Ambo Suno

0 Feb 20, 2016

The Super Natural

This book looks worth checking out, especially given Kripal's academic street cred.  I've never been convinced Strieber is not "pulling a…

Started by Balder

4 Feb 8, 2016
Reply by Balder

Steven Pinker's The Blank Slate: The Modern Denial of Human Nature

I am currently reading Pinker's The Blank Slate and enjoying it a great deal. It is challenging and changing the way I think about such sub…

Started by kelamuni

17 Feb 2, 2016

The To-Read List

This thread is for listing books or essays you intend to read or would like to recommend to other members of the forum.  Separate threads c…

Started by Balder

43 Nov 29, 2015
Reply by Ambo Suno

Runaway Realization

A reflective understanding through an inter-disciplinary lens   In this ground breaking work, by challenging the idea that reality can h…

Started by Neelesh Marik

1 Sep 2, 2015
Reply by Balder

P2P and Human Evolution

See Bauwens' article here.  Here's an old Gaia IPS discussion of his essay. Also see this Bauwens' article on the transition to a Commons s…

0 Jun 13, 2015

RSS

What paths lie ahead for religion and spirituality in the 21st Century? How might the insights of modernity and post-modernity impact and inform humanity's ancient wisdom traditions? How are we to enact, together, new spiritual visions – independently, or within our respective traditions – that can respond adequately to the challenges of our times?

This group is for anyone interested in exploring these questions and tracing out the horizons of an integral post-metaphysical spirituality.

Notice to Visitors

At the moment, this site is at full membership capacity and we are not admitting new members.  We are still getting new membership applications, however, so I am considering upgrading to the next level, which will allow for more members to join.  In the meantime, all discussions are open for viewing and we hope you will read and enjoy the content here.

© 2024   Created by Balder.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service