Book and Film Club (113)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Rebooting the American Dream

So what's a more healthy, humane capitalistic system look like? How do we fix our current economic woes? Thom Hartmann explores this in his…

Started by Edward theurj Berge

4 Mar 30, 2011
Reply by Edward theurj Berge

Of Gods and Men

Just saw a remarkable and very moving film, called Of Gods and Men, which I highly recommend. It's playing in theatres now. Here's my revie…

Started by Dawid Dahl

5 Mar 26, 2011
Reply by Mary W.

Unformulated Experience by Donnel Stern

Do any of the long-time members here recall whether we ever discussed Donnel Stern's book, Unformulated Experience?   A friend of mine wrot…

Started by Balder

4 Feb 25, 2011
Reply by Davidu

Paradise Unbound: relational spirituality and other heresies in new age transpersonalism

I was made aware of this extended essay (short book) by G.A. Lahood at the P2P foundation. Subsequently I found the entire essay at this li…

12 Feb 7, 2011

The Return of Religion in France

I just came across a book entitled The Return of Religion in France: From Democratisation to Postmetaphysics, which looks like an interesti…

Started by Balder

4 Jan 17, 2011
Reply by Mary W.

Black Swan

We got into a tangent on this in the "horror & spirituality" thread, so to prevent further diversion there I'll start this thread. Pl…

13 Jan 14, 2011
Reply by Balder

Graphic Sexual Horror. Adults only.

Yesterday I happened to see the documentary "Graphic Sexual Horror" which was recommended to me by a friend, who is a cinemaniac and a fell…

Started by Christophe

3 Jan 10, 2011

The Secret You (BBC Horizon)

From the Youtube description:   "With the help of a hammer-wielding scientist, Jennifer Aniston and a general anaesthetic, Professor Marcus…

Started by Balder

1 Jan 4, 2011
Reply by Balder

The Remains of Being: Hermeneutic Ontology After Metaphysics

I came across a new title this afternoon which might be of interest to some members of this forum (at least the more philosophically inclin…

Started by Balder

2 Nov 24, 2010

Kurzweil's Singularity

It looks like Ray Kurzweil's book, The Singularity is Near, is being made into a movie and will be released later this year:   "The Singula…

Started by Balder

8 Nov 18, 2010
Reply by valli

RSS

What paths lie ahead for religion and spirituality in the 21st Century? How might the insights of modernity and post-modernity impact and inform humanity's ancient wisdom traditions? How are we to enact, together, new spiritual visions – independently, or within our respective traditions – that can respond adequately to the challenges of our times?

This group is for anyone interested in exploring these questions and tracing out the horizons of an integral post-metaphysical spirituality.

Notice to Visitors

At the moment, this site is at full membership capacity and we are not admitting new members.  We are still getting new membership applications, however, so I am considering upgrading to the next level, which will allow for more members to join.  In the meantime, all discussions are open for viewing and we hope you will read and enjoy the content here.

© 2024   Created by Balder.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service